What resources do I get when I enroll for the Comprehensive Kalido MDM course, and for how long?
Magnitude provides the following resources to help you learn about Magnitude MDM functionality and get hands-on experience with the product:
- Video based tutorials – provide conceptual knowledge about the software architecture, product functionality, and best practice implementation decisions. These are hosted in the Virtual Classroom and are permanently available to you even after you complete the course. You can revisit them at any time.
- Exercise pack – step-by-step instructions on how to use MDM to solve real-world master data management tasks. Magnitude provides you with a training environment to run the exercises. The exercise pack is hosted in the Virtual Classroom, but you run the exercises on your personal virtual training environment.
- Training Center environment – a fully-functional Magnitude MDM version 9 instance. You run the exercises on this instance to get hands-on experience with the application. The Training Center is hosted ‘in the Cloud,’ which means you can access it from anywhere, at any time, for a period of two weeks.
Which version of Kalido MDM will I be trained on?
The training is for Magnitude MDM version 10.0 SP2. All modeling sessions teach you how to use both MDM and Magnitude Business Information Modeler (BIM) to accomplish the required tasks.
What about future version upgrades?
As part of the course fee, you have perpetual access to the Magnitude Virtual Classroom tutorial videos. This means that when new versions of the software are released, you can return to the Virtual Classroom to watch any new or updated videos.
How long does it take to complete the course?
Plan on spending 20-25 hours to complete the course. However, because it’s all online, you can spread the time out over 2 weeks and work through the topics and exercises whenever your schedule permits.
What if I don’t complete the course in the allotted two weeks?
You can request an extension to get longer access to your Training Center environment; however, this does increase Magnitude’s cost. To cover this, extensions cost $300 per student per course per week.
What if I have trouble with an exercise?
You have two options if you get stuck:
- Restart the exercise and run through the steps again. This restores MDM to the expected start state for the exercise. We also provide you with a solution environment, so you can see what your result should look like.
- Use the chat tool in the Training Center to receive step-by-step assistance, either through screen-sharing or text-based chat.
When is the chat tool available?
Monday through Friday at all hours except from 5 pm to 10:30 pm eastern US time.