Although the 2020 SAP Central Finance Live conference differed from past years, the TA Cook led virtual event was packed with intel on how SAP Central Finance can help organizations drive business transformation with intelligent finance. It felt especially timely to focus on solutions that enable businesses to be agile, allowing them to stay ahead of the curve during times of change.
Magnitude presented two live sessions (both available on demand). The first – led by Magnitude Z Option GLSU customer – Newall Brands, catered to finance users looking to close the books faster and more efficiently. The second session led by SAP’s Central Finance solution owner – Carsten Hilker, covered the otherwise-complicated integration of third-party data into SAP Central Finance.
Key Session Highlights
Learn How Newell Brands Improves the Business User Experience by Gaining Efficiency in their Finance Processes
Laura Petrie, Newell Brands | Tim Curtin, Z Option
Newell Brands’ Laura Petrie joined Tim Curtin to share why her team decided to leave their custom program behind and switch to Magnitude GLSU. She also outlined her favorite features, applauding the fact that “GLSU’s validation feature provides users with errors prior to posting, which takes the burden of error resolution off of IT.”
- Learn how to improve the business user experience resulting in increased efficiency and productivity
- Leverage existing skills with a productivity tool owned by the finance department, eliminating extensive training
- Gain access to new ideas to streamline the financial close process and relieve stress from the finance team
How to Address 3rd Party Data Requirements in your SAP Central Finance Deployment
John Hume, Magnitude | Doug Corpuel, Magnitude | Carsten Hilker, SAP
In this session, Magnitude speakers shared recommendations for a speedy and successful central finance deployment. Specifically, John Hume offered his tips for overcoming the common challenges encountered when integrating transactional financial data from both SAP and 3rd-party ERP sources, noting that, “Now you have a couple of solution extensions to solve this complexity in a very graceful manner.”
- Understand the business benefits that SAP S/4HANA Central Finance can bring to your organization
- Examine the complexities of building a solution for Central Finance and get expert advice for enabling agile, intelligent finance operations
- Explore the benefits of enabling intelligent data integration for Central Finance to improve efficiency and effectiveness
Looking to get more involved in the SAP Central Finance community? Join the dedicated LinkedIn group to join the conversation.